Life

So I've officially given up on taking a picture a day. What ever. It's impossible for me to keep any goal I make.

Last week Friday we went berry picking in Ladner. As we were driving out there it was raining, but about ten minutes before we arrived it had stopped. The fields were wet, and I soaked my feet, but I managed to live.

We picked raspberries, blueberries and tayberries.

We also stopped at a marina and bought two fresh caught salmon (I think)
That afternoon me and Nadia made jam.
She was like a parrot on my shoulder
I'd say "Ok, we're gonna mash the berries now"
and then she'd say " tay, mush marries now"
This is all the sugar we had to add, 9 cups!!!
we actually halved the sugar, it was supposed to be about 21 cups
After an hour my shoulders started to kill
Here's my jam!
I think we got about 21 jars from my batch,
but Mom did jam later that afternoon as well.

Here's me separating the fish, 
it was very scary
:)
here's me and "Billy" minutes before he was seasoned for the barbecue 
Lemons, butter, and fresh dill picked from our garden.

Our daisies bloomed, and of course, I took pictures of every single one,
but I won't bore you with them
On Monday Mom bought me a sewing machine, it was my late birthday present
so it now has a place on my desk
:)
On Wednesday we went to a used hotel furniture store to look for chairs for the living room
We went to Dad's work summer barbecue at Jericho Beach
it was a "red tide" so Matthew wasn't allowed to eat raw clams, because they were poisonous
All the sail boats were coming in for the night
These tracks kinda look like a wagon or some thing, but it's from Nadia's feet
Me and Dad were holding her hands and then she'd drag her feet
:)

and that's it for now

Comments

  1. Nice pictures. We had a good chuckle at the video especially hearing Matthew's chuckle and "It's so cool!" Although your howling/freaking out was pretty funny too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment