Edmonton

Wednesday morning at 5am we all drag our butts outa bed and hit the road.
This is in Kamloops (I think) getting gas.
Every one’s very tired.
Nadia, crying because there’s nothing else to do
Any way,
the drive was gorgeous,
but I wasn’t exactly feeling in a gorgeous mood to look at it.
 
most of the pictures are taken out of the window
if I had asked Dad to stop every time I wanted to get a picture....
well the drive would become very long......
and lots of people would get really annoyed with me.....
:)
As we were approaching St. Albert Dad sees a familiar car behind us, turns out its Uncle Will, following him are Grandma and Grandpa!! So we joined their little caravan and got to our hotel around 8, looked around for a while and finally found a restaurant for dinner at 8:30. Then we stopped by Aaron’s house to say hi to every one and then headed to the hotel to sleep.


Next morning
Thursday:
Here’s our hotel

I did Nadia’s hair;
apparently she looks kinda like CindyLoo from How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Skipping over all comments and further pictures from the funeral.......
After socializing (walking completly bored for me and ethan) at the church for a long time,
we went to Mom's friend Miss.P's house for coffee 

That night we went to a BBQ at some people's house,
Since all the people there were either wayyyy older
(well maybe not that old, but sure seemed like it)
or wayyyy younger(not exactly, but...ya)
me and Eth ditched the party and went on a walk.
We got directions to a park, where we fooled around
my sac a dos
long story.....no comment
Our hotel was like right there, we soooo badly wanted to walk there,
but mom and dad didn't approve and because we obey every word they say we didn't
Beautiful trees in the sunset
almost exact picture............
except, ethan is in the bottom corner
see him?
The trees were watching us......

Not only the trees were watching our every move, but there was also a statue of Mary in the horizon
 (you can't really see it at all so don't bother looking) 

don't ask...
there were little benches all around the park
Great for doing sit ups
or push ups
(see how red his face is?)
or talking a nap
me!!!!

This picture was supposed to be a lot better,
 but ethan can never get the camera to focus
and with my parents camera you hafta press the button for ten seconds to get the shutter to go


"I'm a star fish"
(wayyyy to much peppermints causes immature behavior)

So after fooling around in the park, we went for a walk.
tried to get lost, we thought that it'd be pretty cool to get lost in Alberta
we decided to try to find Miss P's house, but then we'd have to cross a busy road and then snake through a couple of neighbourhoods and I didn't exactly know where she lived
we ended up taking this little pathway, talking about how in the world we were gonna end up finding our way back
and then........there's the house the BBQ is at....ugg so much for getting lost
Hotel room
Nadia
The house mom grew up in as a teenager (I think)
we went past the one that she lived in when she was three, but we didn't take a picture.
 Train tracks (you can't really see them) where Dad and Mom got engaged

House mom lived in later on in life
this is the house I remember going to, except I think they've painted it
I was gonna blur out the car's licence plate, but I'm too lazy to protect their privacy
Drive Back Home
There was a herd of mountain goats around a camper
(I think they were feeding them)

we got home at 12am
and that's about it

Today, Sunday
Dad and Mom left a little while ago to bring Nadia to the hospital
she tripped over a bike in the backyard which sort of cut off the tips of her toes
They're not back yet, so I don't know exactly how bad it is, but it didn't look very pretty.....
 poor baby:(


Comments

  1. Love the commentary you have with the pics

    Auntie Adriana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment