...And I Think to Myself...What a Wonderful World...



I would like to introduce you do the latest Faber addition:

Madilyn Christelle Faber!

She was born Wednseday night at 9:53 pm.
Madilyn is the lightest of the six of us, weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce.

Mom and Dad left for the hospital last night around 7:30
I put the kids in bed and at 10 we got a phone call announcing the new arrival 
Even though it was ten o'clock everyone except Matthew was awake and the news was relayed with excitement.

Some how I managed to get every one up by 6:30 this morning and we all walked out to the bus stop.
Once Ethan and Matthew were off to school, Peter and I began making a quilt for Madilyn, we were pretty much finished (except for the quilting part) when Dad came home at 8 and then he went to bed and took a nap, and then around 10 we left for the hospital. 

Parking was awful, but we finally found a spot. 
We got to Mom's room the same time as Grandpa and Grandma Bredenhof. 
For the past.....umm.....long time...... Nadia has been saying,
"Daddy holds the baby?"
"Ethan holds the baby?"
"Grandma holds baby?"
"Me hold the baby?"

And guess what, Nadia? 
Today everybody got to hold the baby!!!

Grandma
Grandpa 
Dad, Peter and Nadia went home at noon leaving me with Mom and Madilyn.
Just as they were leaving, Auntie and the cousins came. 
Auntie was sooo nice and bought me lunch 
(which I really really needed, since I hadn't eaten since 6:30 that morning).


The afternoon was pretty lazy
The minister came in the evening along with Dad,
 who brought Ethan and Matt to see their new sister for the first time. 

Madilyn's eyebrows sort of go up into her hairline, 
and her forehead (and back too) is covered with dark hair. 
:P 
This is where we are now, everyone is back at home though Dad went back to the hospital to be with Mom and Madilyn.
They are expected home in a few hours.
Be prepared for my blog to soon be spammed with baby pictures!




Yes, I think to myself .......what a wonderful world.
 ♥

Comments