Mt. Frosty

Since we didn't climb Mt. Frosty while we were staying in Manning park we left early this morning to conquer the mountain
Our morning began like this
and this 
and this

:)
When we reached the lake it was still raining, this picture was supposed to show Mt. Frosty but it's hidden behind the fog somewhere just to the right of the left mountain in the center of the picture if that makes any sense.
And the start of the trail!
Only 22 more kms to go!!! 
Looking at the view.
Manning Park Ski hills are in the center of the picture. 
Grouse bird we found.
He camouflages really well! 
Looking down at Lighting and Flash lake .
There were soooo many switchbacks!!1
It drove me crazy! 
Hardly almost there .
Meadows.
They were really pretty, but somehow I busted my hip walking through here and now I limp around like an old lady...

Trying to get up all the shale it was really hard to find the trail at some points but we made it...
When we got past some of the harder parts we found this sign, warning of the danger which lay ahead.
So this summit here is what we had to climb up to.
We had to walk along the left of the picture on a ridge and then up across a ridge leading to the top.
The top!!!! 
Yeah!!!!!
(I didn't get my arms up all the way before the camera took the picture...) 

Now I am extremely tired and my hip along with my blistered toes hurt...

But we did it!!! 



Comments

  1. You did it!! Good job Aleana!!!
    You may be a complainer but you are a great blogger - person. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! Congrats!! We thought about you guys lots today, glad it went well, that you did it and no one got hurt! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment