We Made Some Pies

Last week on a field trip Peter got this pumpkin
He decided that he wanted to make a pie with it instead of carving it.

So this afternoon, me and Peter tackled that pumpkin and created a pie
trust me, I've never made a whole pie before
ever
in my whole life
I've made pie with store bought shells
and I've definitely never made a pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin
 and pumpkin from a can.
But I did it!!! 

scooping out the seeds.
I made the pumpkin puree and most of the pie shell,
while Pete made the spice filling.
I finished mixing it all up,
and (with a little help) Peter made the pie plates all ready.
he did a really good job! 
once the pies were in the oven Peter decided he had enough and ran outside to play,
leaving me with the mess in the kitchen....
:)
they just came out, and smell amazing!

Comments