Meet Fred

So I have a confession to make,
I never introduced my friend Fred to the blogging world.....
Fred is sorta like Darryl 
just a random animal who decides to make his home in our back yard.
So this is the first of Fred, 
He's a raccoon
and you can sorta, just barely see his masked face underneath that barbecue cover.
We found him living in our shed in the end of April

We never really got to see much of him, except at night. 
We couldn't go into the shed because he'd growl at us, 
so we just left him to be

Then on May 3rd, Dad was out doing stuff in the yard, 
and he heard little baby raccoons making chirping, whimpering noises.

So now Fred's a girl.
We thought about changing the name, but then decided that that would just be too normal
So this was about as much as our darling Fred we'd be able to see, 
either this or when we'd lift up the bbq cover and have her growling at us.
And we never got to see Fred's babies 
because she'd always growl at us if we got to close into the shed
This evening while doing dishes, I noticed that Fred was out in the neighbour's yard 


So we got Dad and starting to pull everything out of the shed in order to get at the babies

We didn't hear them at all, and began thinking that they left
so we gave up and I went back inside,
but then I thought I heard them crying while I was inside the house 
and I was like 
"Leana, come on, you can't hear them all the way from in the house."
and I figured I was just missing them or something, 
but then the guys called out that they had heard them, 
so I went back out, but we didn't hear anything any more.
 
So I went back inside.
but then they said that they were sure the babies were in this red bucket,
so I ran back outside, at we poked at the bucket to try and get them to cry again, 
but that didn't work  
But in the end, they were in there 
only two of them 
so we pulled them out 
and put them near the hole in the fence  
and then waited for Fred to come and get her babies

I named them Bernice and Steve 
:)



yep, so that's that







Comments

  1. It's a cute story Aleana. I will always remember Fred. May she never return and leave us in peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 18, 2014

    d'awww so cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment