The ALS IceBucket Challenge

I was recently challenged by the most wonderful Aidan to take part in the ALS ice bucket challenge. But there are not going to be any videos of my dumping ice cold water on my head, sorry.
You see, it's against my religion.
Actually, no joke.
Please see this article or Google it for yourself to see my reasoning.
Nathanael King shares his thought on the matter and in his article (the one in the link above) he claims that stem cells from aborted fetuses are used in the research for ALS. These fetuses are at 8 weeks of life and have the beginnings of visible fingers and toes. I know that there are a lot of other articles out there arguing over this one by Nathanael and similar articles. I also understand that ALS is a horrible disease and its good to see that there is finally some fundraising being put into the research for it, but as a Christian I will not be a supporter, sorry.



Comments