Thanks Giving - A Moment (or a few hours) of Appreciation

Friday:
Bredenhof/Faber/Nishi Family Mash-up Thanksgiving Dinner
20 peoples. 
Dinner wasn't as loud as I was expecting which was good, 
there was lots of yummy food, which was also good, 
We remembered to cook the turkey (thumbs up) 
But forgot about the ham.... :/ 
(probably didn't need the ham anyway since there was so much food already).
It was awesome to spend time with family/extenedfamily/friends 
and I am really thankful for the whole day. 
"shoot, it's out of focus...."
"oh don't worry, I'm just so distracting not even the camera can focus on me" 
Sure Eth, sure, just keep thinking that.  





Saturday:
Faber Anniversary/Thanksgiving Turkey Lunch
38 peoples
Saturday marked Grandma and Grandpa's 45th wedding anniversary so two (or maybe three) of my aunts planned for all of us Faber Fam to get together for family pictures and then a turkey lunch and later an open house at the church. The plan was to go to a park for pictures, but due to rain that got moved to the church. Asides from me being utterly bored half the time (cuz that's just how I am) the event was pretty neat. It was nice to host everyone in the church building instead of Grandma's house, because that is starting to get a little bit squishy. Although everyone ate at separate tables and I missed having one, big, long table. The decorations were pretty neat and the centerpieces (I don't think I took a picture) were pictures of Grandma and Grandpa together wrapped around a vase of flowers and that was an awesome idea. 

Family Tree.
Each family member was asked to put a finger print on this tree, it looked really neat at the end of the day once it was filled with finger prints. 
(...I love this picture...)

And this cake. 
Let's take more than just a minute to appreciate the cake. 
Like seriously, look at it! 
There's chocolate, and strawberries, and kiwis and all sorts of melons, I think mango and more chocolate, and blueberries and icing and cake!!!!
And yet I didn't even end up eating a piece... 


Sunday:
Church Family!
I have no idea how many people were there, but it was lots.
This wasn't a thanksgiving meal (thankfully, that woulda been a lot of people) but still an event to be thankful for. 
Grandma hosted a coffee social to celebrate their anniversary and I helped out with that. Grandma had asked for all of her children to be there, and she was rather disappointed when only one (she was really happy this one person came though) asides form the three regular attendees showed up. I kinda felt really bad for her, but there's not much I could do about it I guess...
We had a small mishap where the whole sewage system got backed up but asides from that the whole event went pretty smoothly. Almost all the cake was eaten, and we seemingly had dishes finished in a manner of minutes. 
And Sunday night I was blessed to have a nice, quiet, dinner with my boyfriend and begin the long journey of recovering from all these crazy thanksgiving festivities. 

Today, Monday: 
Just immediate family
Actual Thanksgiving 
I think we're just doing pizza or something. I don't know about the rest of my family, but I'm done with fancy meals.






Enjoy the rain everyone!
And I honestly mean that cuz I love the rain
(and this is BC, so what else were you expecting the weather to be like?)
And have a blessed Thanksgiving. 


Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
Let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. 
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song. 
For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.

Psalm 95:1-3

Comments

  1. Thanks for the replay Aleana!! Nice job with the pictures as always. We have ALOT to be thankful for!!!
    I for one, am thankful for you and your creative blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures of that anniversary, I like the piano playing couple too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment