T'was the Thursday Before Thanksgiving

T’was the Thursday before thanksgiving, when all through the kitchen...

Things were getting done

And I didn't even have to start bitch’en. 


But first, the girls were all pretty with their all done up hair,
And I even painted their toe nails with quick, sloppy, care.

While I pureed pumpkin for the pies that never happened,


Nadia made cranberry sauce, (all by her self) and with my help she was maddened.

As my apple pie crust was well in the works 

Madi got frustrated and (if she could talk,) called us jerks. 



As the afternoon wore on, the squash seeds were dried 

  And Miss Independent made crumble topping for pie--well, at least, she tried.

Frequent laughing and dancing were required to regain the sanity
lost from spilled oats and the 'boiling over cranberry sauce' calamity.

All in all, it t'was quite the day, 
where lots got done, yet still more on the way.

Comments

  1. I told you I would comment :P
    very cute post btw, and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment