Pies!

Back in August already we were able to harvest our apples and pumpkins. 
The apples were turned into applesauce and the pumpkins I pureed to make into pumpkin pies later once fall rolled around. 
Mom asked me to make a pumpkin pie then, but it just seemed so wrong since we had hot sunny weather. 

But now that fall is officially here (along with the darker days, rain, and cool weather) I decided it was acceptable to start baking pies. 

I started off with just an apple pie. 
Nothing too fancy.
Here it is. 

My first pie of the season.

It did get a crumb topping and it was thoroughly enjoyed, though there was a bit too much cinnamon. 


Then on Saturday I made some pie crust, with the intention of assembly the pies later that day, but Crescent Beach was calling, and so that didn't happen. 


So then on Sunday afternoon I got down to business.
I started off with a pumpkin pie (with the pumpkin straight of our garden) which was eaten for desert that night and I'm realizing now that I didn't take any pictures of it, but it was a very basic pumpkin pie. 
Nothing fancy. 


But since I was rather bored and had a little bit of left over dough from the pumpkin pie crust, I was able to make this apple pie a little more fancy. 



I'm pretty proud of it.

:)





Comments