Friday Food Frenzy

Yesterday we held our first thanksgiving dinner of this holiday season. 

Mom had an appointment that morning, so I assumed most of the cooking responsibilities. 

I honestly think it went over pretty well. 

I sat down with Mom the night before and made two lists; one for food, and the other for household chores. And then I went to the computer and I made a chore list for me and the kids and a food list and a guest list and a schedule. 

Some people kinda laughed when they saw my schedule. But it was honestly a life saver. 

I said that we'd start cleaning the house at 9 and it finished by 10. And we did. 
I said we'd have the turkey in the oven by 2. And we did. 
I said we'd have dinner at 6:30, and at 6:32 we began eating. 

The kids were all super helpful and I woulda been lost without having Mom to direct me.

We had 19 people plus a dog over, and here a few pictures from prepping for the meal. 


(These were taken by myself, Matthew and Peter)
























Comments

  1. "Your" first thanksgiving dinner - Great job Aleana!!! It was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your" first thanksgiving dinner - Great job Aleana!!! It was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment