{MayLong2015}

This post has been sitting in my draft bin for quite a long time now. I never got around to posting it back in May, and I sorta reached the point where I figured it was too late to post it anymore, but I was talking with a friend, and she said I should just go right ahead a do anyway. 
So that's what I'm going to do. 
Here's how MayLong2015 went down, in my eyes. 


Thursday/Friday:
Maylong 2015 started off without a hitch...

 Or so we thought...

The presence of this beautiful flag on the flag pole, and then on the roof of a cabin at our beautiful camp in Vernon, BC, seemed to be the cause of many issues over the weekend. The result of multiple disrespectful pranks regarding the flag was that all the America's had to sing the Canadian anthem and the Canadians all had to sign the American anthem at the closing assembly. 

Here are all the teams(or they are supposed to be all there) for the weekend. Some groups were missing some people for these pictures, which was frustrating, but we dealt with it. 
Sorry the pictures are so small....

Here is my group! 
#15!
Blue Dusk
They gave me the youngest group since I was the youngest rep :) My oldest member had just turned 18 (and was my boyfriend :P ) so I had no issues trying to keep them all in line. 
I wish had gotten to know them all a little better. Since I was a rep, I was usually running around while they were doing things together, but the hour I did get to spend with them on Saturday night was lots of fun! We even came in first place for our group cheer which involved two human pyramids (guys and girls) and a most amazing, rhyming, motto which spoke of a mysterious musk! We then very stealthily collapsed to the ground and then continued to chant as we rose up from the grass...
Considering that we beat the teams containing a break-dancer, the gymnast, and the group that had a completely choreographed dance routine, I'm pretty proud of my Blue Dusks and super glad to have been a part of that team! 

This here is Raymond. 
He is the youngest FVYPL president on record and I do believe that he did just a fine job pulling off Maylong this year.

An ice-breaker game from the first night. Three reps had their faces covered in shaving cream, and the three winning groups from a previous challenge had to throw smarties onto the reps' faces... It was quite the thing to clean up - especially after the hall roof leaked and there were puddles of melted smarties everywhere... 

Rev. Jim was our speaker for the weekend and he did a great job enlightening us all on 2 Timothy2:22.



Saturday:
'Sages' from the Big Game which we held in Kelowna on Saturday. The game actually sorta flopped which was really too bad, and it was way too hot for the teams to be wandering around in the town. But no one died! And we learned a lot for next year!

A lot of tourists and towns people were interested in what we were doing. And I don't blame them. :P


Epic games of Duck, Duck, Goose erupted from groups just chilling together. 
And I mean EPIC, we had probably 30-40 people sitting in a circle, with 2 sets of geese running around and there was no stortage of tripping and tackling going on either.


The formal dinner was on Saturday night. And only after seeing people marching to the mess hall fully dressed and all pretty did I realize I should have started getting ready a while ago... Opps... But hey, I managed to get there before we all started eating, so everything was good. 

Here are my wonderful friends who put up with me running off almost always to do other stuff... 
Yeah... I really wish I could have spent more time with them, but the times I did were nice and lots of fun! :) 

I've realized that this picture describes my weekend rather perfectly. 
Trying to stay afloat in a broken boat, using the wrong material to guide/steer myself, and faking a face for the world to see and believe. 
Ouch. 
But hey, it's a great picture. 
And these here are some of my best friends/enemies. 
Never mind, they are all my friends. 
Beginning in September I barely knew of these people. Knew their names and what year they graduated (or were going to graduate), but I never really saw myself becoming friends with them. Since my first rep meeting I've slowly got to know them all, but Maylong really taught me lots more about them. Through doing yoga, unplugging toilets, driving to church, checking out creepy cabins and driving the wrong way down a one-way through a resort's gardens, I have grown closer to these people and formed unforgettable memories. 


Sunday:

After a relaxed morning we were able to attend church with Vernon CanRC. They kindly accommodated us by renting a new church building to hold us all and moved the service times. They also allowed us to walk over to their building in between services to eat lunch. 

Double rainbow on the way home from church! Although, the picture won't center.... :/ 


That night was a movie and then an all-nighter.

Both, I think, went over fairly well.

This here is Kermit, caught by my friend and kept in a water bottle for part of the night. 


Monday: (A continuation of Sunday night since we never went to bed, sorta)

My people led me around the campus while I had my head covered with a sleeping bag, and we sang a few songs together, and tried to play tennis in the pitch black (it doesn't work very well by the way).


All of the docks on the lake at this camp had letter names for their shapes, so there was the A-Dock and the U-Dock. In the late/early hours of that night we put our glasses together on the tennis court we were 'sleeping' on and formed our very own, "Y-Dock."

It was a grand time. Though the sun started coming up at 3 already and around 4 or 5 some people tired to play tennis.... 

Around 5 I feel asleep for an hourish before I had to be up at 7 for a rep meeting. 

Half the reps were still sleeping at 7, but we got through our meeting and started the day. 

We had our final speech by Rev. Jim that morning after breakfast and then cleanup happened and I think went over pretty well. 

HOMEWARD BOUND!!!! 

I took home some of the lost and found articles and the things that didn't get claimed went to Ethan. It was all men's apparel, and nice stuff too! 



Comments

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun and learned lots too!! Thanks for the window into your life :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment