Thanksgiving 2016


A couple of days ago I was reminiscing through my old blog posts about thanksgiving dinners. 
Typically we have 3 to 4 thanksgiving dinners a season. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Which is quite a lot considering most people will just have one, or not even any, turkey dinners. 
This year was different for us though. 
On Friday we hosted a wonderful dinner for 22 people and it was a pleasant time. Then on Saturday we celebrated Grandma Hilda's 70th birthday party with a catered dinner that was held at the church. 
For Sunday we opted to stay home from the Faber's dinner for quite a few reasons but the main ones being that Mom and Dad still hadn't caught up with life after getting home from Alberta and that if we did attend that would make 45 people which would be a tad bit squishy in their home. Our 'little' family of ten stayed home that evening and had leftover sweet potatoes for our dinner and then on Monday I was at the Vanspronsen's house and since Mrs.V was working we just had pizza. 
And that's a brief summary of Thanksgiving 2016. 
Originally on Friday my plan was to take lots of pictures and maybe even make a video of how the day was going. But I was a few pictures in when I realized I should just enjoy the day instead of always being worried about the camera. Therefore I have just 5 pictures for this blog post. Two of Benji, two of cranberries in the process of being sauced and one of our prepping schedule. 
So, yep. That's it. 

Happy belated thanksgiving to all!








Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this information on your thanksgiving party. Recently, I had arranged a tea party with my friends at one of the exemplary venues in Chicago. Decorated venue with amazing ornaments and we all had great time together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment