Thoughts With a Fourth Grader

Yesterday evening I sat with Peter at the kitchen table while he was drawing and then colouring these elves. 

I asked if I could colour one and once I finished I began sharpening all the pencil crayons we have.  

 I can't quite remember how we got onto the topic but longish story short:
Peter's teacher at Credo has only been a teacher for four years while his teacher had WofO had been teaching for 35 years. 

I asked him if he liked his old teacher better and he said, "Yeah, my teacher now isn't even married. It's so awkward." 

 "Why's it awkward?"
"Well, when she teaches us about marriage. Like she doesn't even know what she's talking about..."

"What do you mean?"
"In Bible she was telling us the story about David and his wives, and Solomon and all his wives, and she told us to imagine what it would be like to have one dad and then thousands of moms and tons of siblings. But she's grown up, so do you think she would be imagining? Since she's not married I guessed she's probably wishing she was at least married to one man, not even a thousand." 
(insert Peter's cheeky little smile) 
"So you think that teachers should be married because it'll help you learn better about marriage and stuff?"
"Yeah."

 I just agreed with him and decided to leave out the fact that although she may be single, and 'grown up' she still has parents and was a kid once too. :P

In other news, this is the one I coloured! :)  


Comments

  1. Haha, love the conversation. The elves are a cool idea too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment