My Top 10 of 2016

Not in order of importance, but chronological order.





   This actually happened in the last few hours of 2015, but we were unable to properly celebrate it until 2016.



I got my N.
   After failing my first test on November 2nd, I took driving lessons and passed my second test with flying colours! Now I'm free to drive around, even sometimes the van! 

Maylong. (last half of the linked post)
   This was the second, and last, Maylong that I was blessed to plan along with my fellow reps. December 17th marked the last day of my rep term and I am excited to attend Maylong 2017 with no obligations to organize or be in charge of anything! 

Profession of Faith.
   After some letters were exchanged between Maranatha and Langley churches I was able to continue my catechism studies with the church of my childhood and profess my Holy Catholic faith in the presence of those closest to me.




   On June 28th, 2016 (Mom and Dad's 19th wedding anniversary) I was able to graduate high school from Credo Christian High School (where Dad went to school). I received several awards and a scholarship and the grad ceremony and banquet made for a great last hurrah. 

Alice Lake.

   For the last bit of July and beginning of August our whole family headed out to Alice Lake again for a ten-day camping trip. A bunch of people went to climb The Chief and we made several day-trips out to Whistler and Squamish. 

Sawyer's Passing on to Glory.
   While we were out on our holidays we received the news that our dear friend and cousin Sawyer had passed away. It was an exceptionally rough time to say the least, but with the Lord's strength we've made it through these first five months.  

I made a website!
   One of my last contributions to the FVYPL before I retired as a rep (see above point on Maylong) was to make a website for the league. In grade twelve of high school I took two courses in Business Information Management and Internet Marketing and I put what I learned there into making the website. I've now passed the baton onto another person, along with all my knowledge and passwords, and I'm enjoying watching as she changes things here and there. 




I got a job at Chipotle.
   After searching three months for a job I was blessed to get two interviews and then a job at Chipotle Mexican Grill. My family loves eating the food there and I love the people I work with. It's a very stressful job, but I thrive on stress. :P I will most likely continue to look for a more solid job in the near future though. I'm doing shift work right now and not exactly enjoying not knowing what hours I'm working next week. Also, the inconsistency of the hours I'm given (35 one week, 27 the next) bothers me a bit. Ideally I would love to work 9-5, Monday-Friday, but we'll see where I end up!


We woke up at 4:30 this morning 
and Will took me on a road trip in the States for my birthday.


Will and I reached our third anniversary of dating. 
   We often complain together how New Years Eve is a rotten day for an anniversary, but neither of us can really do anything about that so we just go with it. December 31st 2016 was our fourth New Years Eve as a couple and it marked the completion of our third year together. It's been an amazing three years and we're looking forward to everything that 2017 will have in store for us!!!! 
{winky face, *hint* *hint*}



Comments