Peter's Birthday


This kid turned 10 today. 

Yesterday evening Uncle Ryan asked him if he understood the importance of that night. 
Did Peter know that when he woke up the next morning he would no longer, ever, have only one digit to his age? 
It's a big deal. 


Peter was born on a snowy Sunday morning in 2007. 
Our boarder, Cory-Lynn was asked to sleep upstairs that evening as Mom and Dad left for the hospital. 
 Matthew, Ethan, and I went to Uncle Ryan and Auntie Michelle's house and later that morning Peter Lloyd Faber was born. 

When Uncle Ryan announced to us kids that we had a new sibling he didn't tell us the gender. Only that a baby was born and we'd find out more when we went to visit. 

Now I really, really, really wanted a sister. 
I had two younger brothers and being nine years old I felt it was high time I got a sister. 

We arrived at their hospital room, I looked into the bassinet and hoped again hope this baby was a girl. 

This picture captures rather well the shear look of disappointment on my face of when I was told I had another brother. 

"Great. Just great. Like really Mom and Dad? Again?" 


I was a little happier once I let it all sink in and actually got to hold him. 

:) 

Peter and I get along quite well together now. 



Happy 10th Birthday, Peter!!! 

God Bless you in the upcoming double-digit years! 





Comments