Picnic in the Park

I went with Madilyn and Ben to an abandoned school playground today. 
We packed a picnic lunch and left around 11. 
I forgot that they usually have an earlier lunch as Ben often has a nap at noon. 
He fell asleep in the stroller roughly five houses down the road. 😛
  
It worked out fine though as I got some time to play with Madi while Ben had a nap.

She named this horse 'Buttercup'

Once we were tired out from playing (mostly me) and ready for lunch she selected a shady spot for us to set up our picnic. 

I pointed to this little area and asked her if she wanted to sit over here. 
"No, not enough shade."
Practical thinking. Although personally I thought there was more shade, but whatever. 

Ben was still sleeping. 

We ditched our sweaty (again, mostly just me) shoes and set up the picnic blanket.

Our feast.

Oh, and we couldn't forget the pineapple! 


Look who decided to join the party! 


Playing on the toadstools.
They were spiny, but Madilyn and Ben had no issue walking on them because they are both much shorter and lighter than me. 









Sparkly ☺


Then we packed up and headed back home! 

Comments

Post a Comment