The Big Bad Job Search World


So in order to accomplish #1 of my Goals for 2017 I have been searching for a new job.

I've lost count of places I've applied at. 



A while back I was asked to start working evening shifts at Chipotle. Which I didn't want to do. Since I was a trainer, working both morning and evening shifts was mandatory but had not been an issue until the middle of April. 
I was firm on not working evenings (unable to become a manager for this reason) and so I asked to get demoted from my position of trainer.

Silvia and Pam (two of my managers) talked to me a two weeks after I initially asked and basically started off saying that my performance had declined considerably over the last month and they want to know what’s up. 


*I was 98% sure that my performance hadn't changed.* 


I told them that I was sorry if I haven’t been doing the greatest, but I will try my hardest to work well. Silvia told me that lots of my co-workers complain about me not wanting to work nights, and I said that I understand that, nights really do suck. She said that she will have to remove me from the position of trainer (which is exactly what I asked for two weeks before) but she still expects me to train people (which I’m fine with cuz I love training people). 
I won’t have to work nights but she still will make me work some Saturdays (okay fine, I’ll pick my battles). 
She seemed pretty caught off guard that I admitted to everything and was fine with what she was telling me.

So that was that talk.

I mentioned it to my co-workers the next day while we were on break and they pretty much laughed and told me that if my performance is considered bad then all of the managers and other crew should have been fired a long time ago because I work harder than them. And then we agreed we wanna get out of there.


I attended the Black Press Career Fair at Langley Events Center and handed our a few resumes and talked to several people. I know for sure that I need to get out of retail in order to steer away from working weekends and evenings.


Plot twist: We got performance reviews last week and I received: "Always Exceeds Expectations." Which I found out later was 
only given to 6 out of 28 employees and I also got another raise. At the end of the performance review Silvia told me I was her best employee and wasn't allowed to quit. Which seems to conflict our conversation just a few weeks previous. 

But hey, I'm gonna just keep looking for a new job because I don't really know what else to do... 


Comments