3 Things I Miss About High School

It’s almost the end of June (where’d the time go?!?!?). Ethan’s finished with his classes and exams. Matthew, Peter and Nadia have half a day left tomorrow. I’ve been out of high school for a whole year now and it’s gone by fast!
Here’s a list of three things I miss about high school:


SALT!
I was super involved with SALT during my senior years of high school. I spent a lot of time in and out of school planning and organizing all sorts of things and I really miss being a part of all that busyness.


People!
Getting to see my core group of friends every day is definitely something that I took for granted. During high school I would be fine with only getting together with them once or twice in the summer time but now I'm lucky if I see them even every other month.
I miss the teachers too. I was pretty close with most of my teachers and I really appreciated knowing that they were always there for me to help with whatever. Whether it be problems with homework or friends, or just confusion with life in general, they were (and continue to be) very influential to me during my five years in high school.


Consistency!
Monday to Friday. 8:47am to 3:00pm with a break at 11:02-11:12 and from 12:12-12:56.
Stat holidays were always off, Christmas and Spring Breaks as well. September to June. Sure, there were some Pro-D days in there too but asides from that I knew in September what I would be doing, what classes I'd be in, in 25 weeks from them.
Today my schedule is all over the place and for someone who likes structure, it’s been quite the transition.


Comments