We Took A Course!

Goal #2 for 2017 was to take a course

And while it wasn't exactly the sort of course I had in mind, Will and I have taken and completed a course! 
It's the Financial Peace University course by Dave Ramsey and was presented to us by a couple from our church. 

Dave Ramsey believes that, "Anyone can take control of their money if they’ll just follow God’s ways of handling it." 
And he asks the question, "What could the people of God do for the kingdom of God if they were debt-free?"


Will and I took the course together and learned how to live by Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps to achieve Financial Peace.

Baby Step 1 – $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund
Baby Step 2 – Pay off all debt using the Debt Snowball
Baby Step 3a – 3 to 6 months of expenses in savings
Baby Step 3b - Save for down payment on a house
Baby Step 4 – Invest 15% of household income into RRSPs, TFSAs and retirement funds
Baby Step 5 – College funding for children
Baby Step 6 – Pay off your home early
Baby Step 7 – Build wealth and give!


The course was absolutely wonderful and has helped me to understand that I don't need to be so overly-cautious and uptight with my finances.

There's more I could probably say, but I'll just leave it at this. 



Comments