Girl vs Pinterest: Coke Slushy Edition


I've seen this on Pinterest quite a few times each summer. 

It's supposedly the easiest, and coolest, way to make a soda slushy and with all this heat we've been having lately I couldn't help but want to give it a try! 


How I did it:
- Put can in freezer. 
- Set kitchen timer for 3hrs 15mins. 
- Set my phone timer for 2.5 hrs. 
- Ran errands.
Went to the post office, bought some shoes, shopped for wedding decorations, did groceries. 
 -Made it home just as phone timer was going off.
-Did housework.
Vacuumed the main floor, dusted, did some laundry, wrote a blog post that'll be coming out in the next week or two.
-Removed can from freezer.
-Tried to pour into glass. 
-Squeezed/shook most of it out. 

Things I did wrong/differently: 
 - I used a can instead of a bottle.
- In my excitement I didn't shake the can before placing it in the freezer.
- I did not loosen cap, turn upside down and wait for it all to freeze.
-I did not use a pre-chilled glass.


Was it good? 
To be honest, not really. 
The sludge reminded me more of when packing peanuts get wet and wasn't really icy. 
It melted really quickly. When I first poured it out there was a 50:50 ratio of slushy to liquid but within three minutes it was as the image above.
The remaining beverage was highly carbonated and I'm not really into that sorta thing. 


Would I do it again? 
Totally! 
I'd like to try and perfect this as I'm pretty sure there's lot of potential. 


What would I do differently next time? 
Read the instructions. 
Read a few different instructions. 
Some people recommend 3.5 hours or 3hrs and 50 minutes of freezing time while I did the 3hrs and 15 minutes as instructed on the first image on this post.

And follow the instructions! 
😝

Comments