3 Comments On Wedding Planning So Far

1. I feel like I'm behind...
Before getting engaged I totally was expecting to be stressed out and uptight about absolutely everything. So far it's quite the opposite. I am a control freak and I like to have everything organized and planed to the T. Yes, there are certain things that I'd really like to go my way, but when it comes to most decisions I feel as though I'm rather unsure or laid back. My family and friends may have different views on this, so I could be wrong. That's at least how I feel.
But yeah, I also feel as though I'm sorta behind on planning. I have 121 days left to go and there are people who plan weddings in 3 months, right? So I think I'm good.  




2a. Everyone has advice!!!
...Oh shoot me now...
Everyone has something to say about how they planned their wedding and how I should do mine. Sometimes this can be helpful, but most of the time it's very overwhelming. Especially when one person's advice contradicts another.

"It's all about you, do what you want!"
"As long as the guests are happy - that's all that really matters."

"No one says you have to serve alcohol."
"Just make sure you have alcohol."

"You should get a band!"
"Wedding cakes are soooo overrated!"
"You should have a bbq!"
"You just have to have dacning!"
"What ever you do, don't do ________!"
"At my wedding __________."


2b. Everyone wants to help!!!
Well, not everyone but sooo many people have told me, "If you need anything just let me know." and I'm like, "thanks, I will." 
But really, honestly, actually, irl, I've got most of it all together, and what I don't, I've got my parents or bridesmaids helping me with. I feel bad that I don't have something for everyone who wants to help....



3. We're enjoying being engaged! 
Yes, we do love talking about wedding plans together, but sometimes it's fun to just have fun together! 
Will and I are having such a great time this summer going out and doing stuff together! Lots of people told us when we got engaged (see above point) that we would be so busy that we'd feel like we hardly see each other any more (okay, sure...). But it's quite the opposite! Our work schedules are sorta lining up so that we get Saturdays off together, or even late Saturday afternoons, which is enough time for us to go for walks at the beach, kayaking on the river, or even to the zoo! We also got to go to Smithers together and are planning to go camping in Alberta next week. 


Comments

  1. Here's some advice that's not real "advice". Micah 6:8 "Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God." Not really advice because they aren't my words but God's :). Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment