Girl vs Pinterest: Almond Butter Edition


Ingredients:
2-3 cups almonds



How I did it: 
-Put the almonds in our food processor and turned it on
-Thought I was gonna lose my hearing from the sound of the nuts smashing against the blades
-Mixed the almonds up every so often
-Cleaned the kitchen
-Swore they were never doing to actually become a liquid
-Started another baking project
-Waited a total of +/-20ish minutes until the oils were all released from the nuts and everything was pureed properly.
- Scraped the butter out into a jar and refrigerated the leftovers. 

  

Things I did wrong/differently: 
-I only butter-ified 1/2cup worth of almonds
-At one point I shoved a spoon down the spout (is that what it's called?) of the food processor to scrape the sides but it when too low and hit the blades causing the spoon to have sharp metal cuts so I had to throw it away. 



Was it good? 
Yes! Yummy and creamy!

Would I do it again? 
Yes! I can't have peanut butter and this was wonderfully delicious! 

What would I do differently next time? 
Apparently warming the almonds up beforehand makes it easier for the oils to come out and then it's a quicker process.
Leave it in a little longer, I feel like it could/should be smoother than what I ended up with. But I guess that just depends on each persons' preferred consistency.





Comments

  1. i have to try it yet but it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment