I Saved Money Plus a Special Announcement!!!




I found this chart on Pinterest in December sometime last year and thought I would give it a shot!


It's a weekly plan to save $10,000 in a year which sounded pretty appealing to me and I planned to use the money for Will and my wedding. At the time we were thinking of getting married in the late winter of 2018 ( like February ) and so I would for sure have the $10,000 saved by then.

January 2nd I began setting aside the allotted amount and continued faithfully. I did find that with how it works some months more money would be set aside than others and the weeks where I would put in $300 were a bit more difficult keep my finances in check. 

During the Financial Peace Course I was taught to not do weekly finances and how to be more in control of my money situation.

Week 18, the first Monday of May, I switched how I did things. I was a little bit ahead of schedule (with $3665 saved thus far) and then started to do an average deposit per month rather than a weekly deposit. With our wedding planned for December 16th, I aimed to have the money for sure all by November 1.

With help from some worksheets provided in the course (a modified debt snowball method) I was able to have $10,000 saved up by September 1st!!! It's a super cool and exciting feeling. 




I was talking with a couple of my aunts at my grandparents' house a while back and they were telling me how they regretted going into so much debt with their weddings. I mentioned that Will and I had saved more than enough of the money we'd be needing for our wedding and they both seemed very surprised.

We are both very thankful to God that we are in this financial position and are also excited to announce that we will be getting possession of a rental house on the weekend!!!

Comments