3 Things I've Learned Being a Kid

Welp, 
I've been out of high school for a year and a half, I turned 19 sometime over the last few months, and I'm getting married in 9 days (AHHHHH!!!).  These three things, on their own and all together, technically mean I am an adult. 

Therefore, I present for you today; 
3 Things I've Learned While Being a Kid. 




1) Family is the strongest bond.
I have learned this and been made aware of this through many life events. Births, deaths, sunshine, rain, marriages, divorces, blessings and hardships. 

Family, especially when you are young and can be confined to the house, is always there for you, no matter what. Whether you like it or not. No matter how mad you might be. They are always loving and always there for you. 
Sometimes because there is no other option.

Image result for family is a gift that lasts forever


2) Love!
It's honestly not worth the energy to be upset at anyone. Your family, friends, classmates, co-workers, anyone. Forgive and move on. Even if people don't ask for forgiveness. The number of times I've held grudges on people for various reasons and got all worked up about it is pathetic. 


Ephesians 3:17-19 "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."



3) You are entitled to nothing!

I have this acquaintance whose parents brought them up in such a way that this person feels as though if they want something they should have it. Now. Right away. Pronto. I went out for coffee a while back with said person (who had been unemployed for three months) and they told me that they wouldn’t apply for anything that paid less than $15 an hour because their parents said they deserved more than that. 


An 18 year-old, looking for their first job, and wouldn't take anything less than $15/hr.

Seriously?!?!  
If it was that easy, why are people still working at minimum wage?
We should all just pick an amount we want to get paid and receive it.
None of this hard-work-to-prove-your-worth stuff.


“We’ve been crippled by Social Security. By Medicare. Medicaid. Welfare. 
And entitlements. And that is the root of the problem. Entitlements. 
Let me be clear: You are entitled to nothing.”
--Frank Underwood, House of Cards--

----

Anyway

There's just 3 little reflections on life lessons.




Comments