2017 flashbacks

With 2017 behind me in a blur, here's my top ten memories of what all happened. 
(In chronological order.)

Got engaged!😍

I feel as though I've made this fact more than clear, and so I won't say too much more about it.

Maylong 2017

It just hit me as I was going through my post about Maylong 2017 that this was my last Maylong. I was privileged to organize two and attend one as just a camper, but I guess I didn't really realize at the time it was my last camp. 
It feels like such a long time ago! Many good times were had this year. 

Road Trip to Smithers

Will and I took a few days off work and headed up to spend five days in Smithers. We got to enjoy time together, catch up with Will's family, and witness our friends get married. It was a great trip, asides from all the excitement with the BC Wildfires, and I'd love to do it again sometime. 

Beaver Fever

I didn't really blog about getting Beaver Fever. But when Will and I hiked up The Chief we also drank some creek water (not recommended!) that was flowing down the granite cliffs. Well, the following Monday I was sent home from work because at Chiptole if an employee felt nauseous or had diarrhea they were not allowed to work. Since I had both I was home for the remainder of the week. Will and I left for Alberta that Saturday and although I still didn't feel 100% we had a good time. 
That added up to two weeks off work. 
The next four weeks were also off due to me not feeling well and also my manager just quit putting me on the schedule. There were more issues with all that, but that's the short story. 
I got to be home for a few weeks in the summer and spent the time with my siblings which was very much enjoyed. 

Summer Vacation 

Summer 2017 was my first time holidaying with the Vanspronsens! And meeting the last aunts and uncles I hadn't got to see yet. 

Quit working at Chipotle

A long time in the works. September 2017, after working there for 11 months, I quit Chipotle. It was not an ideal job to have and although I did enjoy the work and the customers, I knew I wouldn't be there for forever.  

Got Hired at Smart Garage

I was jobless for five days before getting hired on as a front office receptionist at Smart Garage Doors. Owned and operated by a man from our church. I've got awesome co-workers and work that doesn't deplete me each day.

Got a house!

October 1st, 2017 Will and I officially got possession of our little 3 bedroom bungalow. Eventually I hope to post photos of it but we're still sorta in the unpacking stages and it's a bit messy yet.  

Got Married!

Just like being engaged, I feel as though I've discussed this enough. 
But it definitely was the most exciting and life changing thing that happened in 2017!

Went to Mexico!!!! :)

After getting married Will and I headed to Mexico! It was my first time traveling outside of Canada and the USA so I was very excited for that! 
Visiting a third world country and staying at a resort were also firsts for both Will and I. 
We were confused by the airport security, awed by the jungles, shocked by the locals' driving, and thankful for the ocean and sun. 
We both agreed that we'd love to go back. Eventually. One day. 



Comments