3 Reasons Why I Haven't Changed My Blog Name

Before we jump into why I haven't changed the name of my blog, let me explain why I chose it in the first place.
The name AJ Supermonkey comes from two parts. AJ are the initials of my first and middle names. Somewhere back in 2008-2011 Ethan and I would play outside with the neighbourhood kids. There was this one boy who we didn't particularly like, and Ethan told him my name was AJ. It sorta caught on for a few weeks and then I think that was the end of that.


Jumping over to a different story, on evening while Ethan and I were doing dishes we got a bit distracted and all of a sudden he was a flying hippo and I was a super monkey.
Then, skip over to September 2011 when I had to create and choose a name for my blog. 12 year old me thought AJSupermonkey was a great name.

So with that information in mind, here are 3 Reasons Why I Haven't Changed My Blog Name:

1. It Makes Me Smile
When I first signed up for an email account Dad told me it had to be simple and professional, nothing that I would regret in a few years. I still have the same email account I used when I was 11. Unfortunately Dad wasn't there when I first selected my blog name and when I think about AJSupermonkey, I am reminded of setting up my email account. And it makes me smile.

I also mentioned above the story of where the name is from and when I think about it it brings back those two really good memories. It reminds of the patch of sunlight that would fall on the kitchen floor and of the rose bush in the yard we lost badminton birdies in.
Sure it might be a mistake that Grade 8 me made, but I made a lot more mistakes than just an odd blog name so I might as well embrace this one. 😊

2. I'm Kinda Lazy and Don't Like Change
Changing my blog name would mean that I firstly would have to come up with a new blog name. And trust me, it would probably be just as cheesily sentimental as this one is. So to spare me from picking another embarrassing name, and to just keep things simple I'll leave it how it is.

3. It Would Confuse Things
If I were to change the name of my blog I would also change my URL as well which would lead to me having to redirect and re-refer people to the correct address. It wouldn't be a world altering issue or anything, just inconvenient.


So yep,
That's all for that.


And here's a never seen before photo of Will and I from the wedding. 



Comments

Post a Comment