3 Comments on Being Married

I was out with a friend earlier this week and she asked me these two questions:

1. What's it like being married?

and

2. What's it like getting married at 19? (see my answer to that question in another blog post)


I gave her a few answers to each of her questions and we had a great conversation about it all while drinking hot chocolate and eating muffins on the couch of a local coffee shop.

.....


Today I wanted to share 3 Comments on Being Married to sorta answer her first question.


1. There's just the two of us.
-Going from a household of nine people to one of just two (plus some fish and a cat) has been a huge change for me. It's a whole lot quieter and very weird. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, it's just different, but in this case it's a good kind of different. 

-We get to spend each evening sharing dinner together and it's always nice knowing that after a long day of work I get to come home to Will. 



2. Creating a new routine.
-I'm a very routine oriented person. Will has done his best to make me less schedule-strict and a bit more care free, but I really do thrive off of a plan and familiarity. Moving out of my family home and into what is now my own home has been quite the routine changer. All of my routines and ways of doing things got switched and shaken upside down. 
It was super exhausting for me at first to mentally adapt to this new way of life but I'm figuring it out.

-Compared to living at home with my fam, I have a lot more things required of me but the quantity of those things is much less.
Yes I do all our laundry, but that's only 3 loads a week. We don't have a dishwasher, but there's a only dozen dishes a day.

-Will and I see each other everyday now but the time we spend together is used different than when we were dating. Instead of enjoying a meal out each weekend we find ourselves grocery shopping or running all sorts of adult-like errands. 


3. We've got something of our own.
- We've got each other. And when you over think about that, it's crazy! We've been married for almost 2 months now, but we've promised and committed the rest of our entire lives to each other! That's insane! But it's also very reassuring to know that we're there for one another - no matter what.

-We've got our own house and everything in it is ours! That's a whole lot of responsibility! 😛 But I really love our house and it's such a great deal for us. It's neat having our own kitchen, bathroom, living room, etc that we can decorate or use however we want. 










Comments