Meet Detroit and Milo

Turns out moving out of my family home has not made me immune to having stray animals wind up in my life. 
(As a refresher please refer to my blog posts about Darryl as well as Fred and her babies Bernice and Steve)


So the story goes that I came home from work yesterday evening to a very excited Will would just couldn't wait to show me what he found on his way home. 
Turned out to be two little ducklings. 
He also hit one of the while driving home so he pulled over to shoo it off the road, but it followed him around and was cheeping like mad. He brought it to the side of the road where there was a second duckling as well. He tried to bring them further off the road to find a nest/other chicks/ or a mama, but couldn't find anything. 
So naturally he wrapped them up in his sweater and brought them home. 
He had them in a box with some old tshirts out on the deck, but we upgraded them to our bathtub where they'd have more room and then could be inside over night. 


Their names are Detroit and Milo. Detroit is the leader and Milo is much calmer, following him wherever he goes. 

They've been eating lots and love playing in their water. 

The poor little things were ice cold when Will found them and they warmed up nicely with a lamp Will's got going. 
I've been in contact with a duck farm and they've been giving us a bunch of pointers on what to be doing and considering they lasted the night that's pretty impressive. 






Comments

  1. I'm interested to know where you came up with the names? Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even really know. I was trying to think up fantastic duck duo names, but I was getting so caught up with Huey, Dewey, and Louie but we only had two ducklings. So then I was thinking Huey and Dewey, but you can't leave our Louie. And then while I was washing dishes that night I was pondering the whole name fiasco and I thought "Detroit!" So then I just needed a name to go with that and then Milo I thought up while vacuuming. They both could work as unisex names since we're not really sure what gender our dear little duckies are... So yeah...

      Delete
  2. Another thing I'm probably allergic to. Do you even want me to come over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're contained to the main bathroom. And the plan is to release them, so they should be gone before you come by again

      Delete

Post a Comment