Daily Routine

I've been off work for a while now, staying at home with just myself and Chloe. Things were a little rocky at first, but I've managed to establish somewhat of a routine even though I know that in a month from now everything will have changed again.
At the beginning of each week I like to make a list of things I want to get done. Some of the things are necessities, like going grocery shopping, while others are more specific and tasks I wouldn't always think to think of, like washing out our shoe cupboard. I find that having a list of things to do is very helpful for preventing me from getting bored and/or keeping me from watching TV all day. This way when I'm wondering what I should do next I can just pick something from my list.

But here are 3 Things I Aim To Do Everyday:

1. Make a Smoothie!
I've gotten into a fabulous habit of making a smoothie for breakfast every morning. When I had morning sickness my appetite was very slim and so we'd eat whatever I could stomach. That turned out to be frosted flakes. Pretty mild and sweet and didn't hurt too much coming back up. Now I understand they aren't the healthiest, but my mentality was I was at least eating. Now, we're managing to figure life out a bit more. Will eats granola for breakfast and I've got a smoothie. #successfuladulting

2. Clean Some Dishes!
Now I know that this is not a foreign concept to most people, but I've really had to put in an effort to get into the routine of washing dishes everyday. While I was working I never really felt like I had much time to sacrifice to washing dishes in the evenings and Will and I (being just the two of us) could get away with doing dishes every 3-4 days before we'd start to run out of clean dishes. So that's what we did.
Now I try to do a load each morning - it helps to keep the counters looking clean and only takes 10 minutes instead of 30+minutes.

3. Do Housecleaning!
Same as with the dishes, housecleaning got sorta pushed to the sidelines while I was working. I would do my best to tackle it on Saturdays but if we had plans and were gone out the whole day - then there goes any chance to clean house. Now I've made it my goal to do at least one form of housecleaning a day. Usually I can find these tasks off of my handy-dandy weekly list or else there's usually something I can find to do.


Comments