Delilah's Baptism

Delilah was baptized on November 18th, 2018. 
The day was absolute chaos. 
I was talking with an uncle who is a pastor and he said the traditions we have established around the baptismal day are so horrible for the baby and mother and he feels bad for the poor child who, while still adjusting to outside life, gets there whole schedule turned upside down.
I 10/10 agree.

Delilah did fairly well during the service, and the following time spent receiving congratulations from people in our congregation, but by the time we got home she was starving hungry. 
BUT, as per tradition, we had to take family pictures. 
And so we will forever remember Delilah this day crying and miserable because we had to take, "Just one more picture."

Will and I bought a darling little white dress for her baptism, however, with November being a little chilly, she was wrapped up for the pictures. 
At least her headband is showing.

These above three pictures make it seem as though we're having a great time, but trust me, this was the second time in two weeks I had that momma bear instinctive feeling where I just wanted to take my baby and go somewhere where the people weren't. She was soooo hungry, and I knew it, but we kept having to take picture after picture. 
I'm so sorry, Delilah. I promise never to make your future siblings endure anything like that. Your mom and dad are still trying to figure things out.

5 Generations

We all were wearing the same shade of light pink too (except for Delilah)!

I've always thought of myself as the younger generation. 
It's different to think of myself in the 'mom' role, bringing up the youngest of the family.

Oh, hey! You can sorta see Dee's dress here!

Another set of 5 generations!
Delilah is now wrapped in a different blanket because we took a break for lunch and I finally got to feed her. Too bad her face isn't really showing because she was actually settled and content here.





Comments