Seven Months Old!

My Dear Baby Girl, 

You've been around for 16 months now. 480+ days. 11,500+ hrs. 
But what's extra special is that Tuesday marked the 7th month of your external life (as your daddy calls it).

Since the moment God designed you, you have always been our baby. We have, and will continue, to love you dearly and care immensely for you. I hope that one day you will be able to understand just how huge of an impact you have had on our hearts and how you changed our lives. 

Internally or externally, we have always valued, cherished, and treasured you.

These past 16 months of knowing you have not been easy but you have brought so much joy and laughter that your dad and I cannot thank God enough for the blessing you are to us. 


Part of me doesn't like making these monthly posts because it makes me so sad to see you growing up. I just want you to be little forever...

💗💗💗

Some accomplishments from her seventh month of life:
Sucks on a soother!
Drinks (water) from a bottle!
Rolls over! Finally!
Crawls backwards!
Started waving!
Nods her head!

So determined!

PSA: She's not teething - yet.
Ever since Delilah was a few weeks old she's been drooling and sticking everything in her mouth. And the old ladies at church, people at the grocery store, and our waitresses all say the same thing; "Oh, she must be teething!" 
But nope. She's not.
I'll let you know once she's teething 😉

Likes spitting!
Loves her bathtime - I don't think I've ever mentioned that yet, but ever since day one they've been a Top Ten Favourite. She used to have a huge temper tantrum when I'd take her out! 
Her ball-pit balls are also her favourite! She brings them in the car and the bath. She holds them while she's being nursed and when she sleeps. She'll gnaw on them for comfort and between bites at mealtimes.
Delilah likes playing outside, and hanging out in her dad's hammock.
And she really doesn't like having her nose blown.
  
We have successfully bumped her bedtime all the way down to 7pm, so now she's waking up around 7am. 
We've moved Delilah into her own bedroom which was very difficult emotionally for me. The first morning I went at 6am to bring her back into our bed so I could snuggle her... I'm doing much better now, though she usually comes into our bed once Will gets up or leaves for work. 

Psalm 127:3-5
"[C]hildren are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
 Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies."



Comments

  1. Oh darling Dee - we love you so much!! Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment