Weekend Trip

For my birthday this year Will planned a trip for us!
I knew we were going, but didn't know where.

He planned the whole weekend and kept reminding me not to stress about the schedule as he was in charge. That was a very hard thing for me to let go of, but we had a great time together and it was very carefree.


Waiting at the ferry terminal 




After taking this picture I told Will that Delilah gets her dorkiness from him. 



Work never stops

We stood at the front of the ferry to watch it dock as it came into port. 
Very windy there!



We stayed at the same hotel we went to when we came here for our honeymoon, but we TOTALLY FORGET THEY GIVE YOU COOKIES WHEN YOU CHECK IN! 
That was a very exciting thing for us to get to experience again!

Our room



Yummy yummy food!

Sometimes he's a complete goof, and other times he can be a real romantic. 
This weekend getaway was a perfect birthday present and a wonderful way to celebrate our love.

This right here is the most expensive meal I have ever ordered. 
😲
And it was delicious.


Walked around after dinner.

Will told me that by booking the same hotel we went to on our honeymoon he was a little worried that things would feel repetitive, but he also sorta wanted it to feel the same as our honeymoon, just better. 



I gotta tell ya, I've got the best hubby, hands down.





Our last time in Victoria it was pouring rain and gray skies so we were very glad to wake up to more sunshine!

"His arms are strong enough to hold every fear,
every beautiful broken piece of me.
This man doesn't just make me feel complete,
he completes me."
-S. Marie
 I was spying on everyone down below and noticed something...

A swirl, a smiley face, and someone wrote their name

Breakfast with the best!

This crepe was HUGE!



Want to know what he's writing in the comment card?

Oh boy
😄

But seriously, we didn't really have any complaints.
And it wasn't even 1ply toilet paper, just not what we're used to at home. 


I may or may not have left a beautiful mascara streak on the wonderfully white linens... 
...Opps...


After checking out we went to Beacon Hill Park and were excited to see two deer as we drove in. 
Little did we know we'd be seeing tons of wildlife there!

When it comes to animals, Will is like a 4 year-old and wants to pet and befriend EVERYTHING!

The park has dozens of Great Blue Heron nests. So crazy to see such huge birds and nests wayyy up in the tree canopy!

There were also peacocks everywhere!


I'm thankful he only got nibbled once or twice and didn't lose a finger to these ducks




Oh Will...


This seagull seemed a little confused and was swimming in the pond with the ducks




I'm just seeing now that my jacket has dried up snot from Delilah on it... 
I wear the badge of parenthood proudly. 😛


This field had 5 bucks and 1 doe grazing


Will was in there right away, with me following far behind and yelling at him to be careful.

But eventually I came closer too



They were obviously so used to humans that we didn't bother them one bit.
I was too nervous to go closer than 10ft, but it was so amazing to be that near to them.



The world's largest totem pole was a bit of a let down for me. I honestly thought it would be much taller...




I loved this pathway!


Trying to get the squirrel

The first animal that let Will pet it!


Heading back home to our baby!

 



We were one of the first cars on the ferry, so we were parked right up at the front and got to see this stubborn seagull on the car ramp who just didn't want to move. 




And that's all! 
I am so grateful that Will treated me to all this for my birthday, and very appreciative to my parents for adopting Dee while we were gone!



Comments