Oh Baby

40wks and 5days. 
At this time in my pregnancy with Delilah I was already holding her in my arms. 
Apparently Babe senses all the chaos happening outside and just wants to stay put. 

I didn't want to have a birth plan or anything this time around and am trying to be as open minded and accepting as possible. But with the Covid-19 virus everything is getting restricted, and things that I just assumed were going to happen won't be happening anymore. 

On Monday I was told that I could only have 2 support persons with me for the duration of my hospital stay. 
Those two people were planned to be Will and my mom. 

No other visitors. 
I was really looking forward to having visitors. 
Getting to see Delilah's reaction to her new sibling. 
Having Bub's grandparents and aunts and uncles all come over. 
Having friends and extended family say Hi. 

But I managed to accept this. 
If all goes well we'd only be in the hospital for 24hrs after Baby is born, and then we could see Delilah and close family. 
And to help those 24 hours pass by we have wonderful technology to video call and send pictures to people. 

Then, on Wednesday, I was notified that I could only have 1 support person. Cut down from 2. 
And while it makes sense (they need to take all possible precautions) this was even more upsetting... 
As much as I love Will and know that he will be so supportive for me, I really was counting on my mom being there too. It was just one of those things that wasn't even a question of whether or not it was going to happen. 
But now it's not happening. 
Which really sucks. 

And I just wanted to share this because it is real life. I don't want to only share the best of things here. I want to be real too. 

Hopefully this baby will be coming out soon as everyone is getting quite impatient! 


And, man, I sure hope they still let me bring all the snacks I packed in! 


Comments