Purging- Pt 6

Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
I spent these days working on purging our storage space - the corner of Delilah's bedroom. 
When we moved in we bought garage shelves to store our stuff on, and over time the area has become more and more cluttered. 
I spent hours working on this and sacrificed a nap each afternoon to go through boxes in peace while Delilah slept. I worked on it while she was awake too, but she slows down the process just a little bit. 😉
And it's still not done! 

Will asked me on Monday how I was feeling and I told him that mentally I felt the best I have in a long time! I love organizing and this was so good for me! But, I definitely could tell that I was over doing it - my hips and back were sore, and my legs were going numb... 😮

This morning I loaded up our car (see last picture for half of it) and made four stops to drop off items, adding to the other two stops I made previously this week. 

I've manged to fit most of the things I recycled/relocated/reclaimed into three categories for today, but there's a few stragglers that I'd like to give an honourable mention: 
- Box of beads (from when I was crafting with them and which I've honestly thought was lost for the last year...)
- A collection of unused key chains (which we've kept and added to because 'you never know when you'll have need for 20+ key chains! Logic!)
- Wall decor (from when I lived with my parents and had plans to use when I moved in with Will - which never happened!)

3 Categories That Got Purged:

1. Books
What All Went
- Notebooks 
- Student agendas
- Several junior fiction novels
- A few religious books that we disagreed with or had doubles of
- Half a dozen coffee table books (we have kids - we aren't ready to have fancy books on our coffee table quite yet)
- Two photo albums
- Six (now empty) binders

The first armload of paper to be brought to recycling!

2. Paper
What All Went
- Textbook covers
- Doodles/sketches
- Homework assignments and projects
- Student papers
- Cards (valentines, birthday cards, Christmas cards, graduation cards [from gr.7 and gr.12 grads])
- Notes and letters passed during class 🙈
A lot of things that were sentimental to me when I packed them away, but now they don't have the same meaning now


Some of the items I said goodbye to today!
(Minus the big box on the bottom which needs to get broken and brought to the recycling)

3. Cloth
What All Went
- A disgustingly gross duvet
- A retired pair of dress pants
- One of Will's dress shirts (not sure how it got lost, but I returned it to his closet)
- Handful of items that need mending (added those to my mending pile)
- More maternity shirts (because I apparently have so many and just store them everywhere!)
- A very old sweater of Will's
- Box of baby boy clothes 
- Bag of girl clothes



Comments