Wednesday's Walk

On Sunday night I made plans with myself to go to Fort Langley for a walk the next day. But Monday was rainy, so I postponed to Tuesday. Then Tuesday was raining too. So on Wednesday morning there was a pause between showers and I managed to get us all out of the house on time to enjoy a walk at the river. We only had rain near the end of our walk, right as we were headed back to the parking lot. 

Dee can be such a ham when she knows I'm taking pictures


There were about 8 of these "Social Distance Lane Markers" on a section of the trail. 
I'm not quite sure why they were here. There was a sign to go with them and everything. But the pathway is definitely much longer than the 40ft that was divided...

This weathered sign on one of the lookouts explains how the snow melt increases the water levels every year. 

And in the past 2 weeks or so the river has been inching higher and higher and is moving fast

By August/September there will be a whole beach between the pathway and the river, but for now the water is pooling right next to the trail. 

One of my favourite parts about this walk



This board walk was ever so slightly inclined. 
But inclined enough that Dee figured she could try to slide down it. 
It didn't work. 
😝




Comments

Post a Comment