John 15:18-19


I especially like to turn to the Bible extra often when I'm feeling things that are too big for my head and heart.
-
As a Christian I am called to be in the world, but not of the world. This looks like a lot of different things in a lot of different circumstances. It's a concept that I will forever be learning how to execute with grace. As I am learning, sharing and standing up for my beliefs can have unhappy endings.
-
This verse from John is a reminder for me today that the negative feelings from others I may experience are, at their root, not directed at me but at Christ. For it is His name and image I bear.
I don't mean for this to come across as self conceited, but I wanted to share as a reminder to my other Christian friends who I know are attacked daily for their beliefs. And until the fullness of His kingdom comes we will continue to fight the good fight. 


Comments