The One With My Views On Abortion


I lost a few friends this week because of my views on abortion. I'd like to apologize to the rest of my friends if you didn't know this about me and feel led on by me in anyway.

I believe abortion is wrong.

I don't mean to preach to you or try to convince you otherwise here, but just so we're all on the same page I'd like to lay it all out.
Please hear me out.
I don't want to be fake with anyone.
This is what I believe and why. If you want to discuss please let me know.

👉 I believe that life begins at fertilization because that is when a new strand of DNA is formed. Not the female's DNA, and not the male's DNA. A fertilized egg has its own DNA and therefore is it's own being.

👉 I do not believe in the argument 'My body, my choice' for the reasons described above. The baby is not my body, it's now someone else's body (the baby's) and therefore I don't get to decide to end its life.

👉 I believe that abortion is murder (see above two points) and I will continue to support different kinds of prolife/probirth/profamily causes. I cannot let such a heinous act go on and just stand by.

👉 I have seen the protesters with the graphic signs and I do not agree with their approach.

👉 I do not think I will see a time where abortion will be eliminated. But that doesn't mean I will stop standing up for humanity. I would like to see our country put in place some sort of laws regarding abortion. Currently Canada has no abortion laws. Sex selective abortions are happening. Third term and at-birth abortions are happening.

👉 This all being said, I believe there is grace, forgiveness, and peace available to anyone who needs it. I know of many great resources that can provide professional care and healing. Please don't be afraid to ask for help.




Comments