A Short Story: A Baker's Wages

 
Delilah loves helping me while I bake or cook and although it slows the process a bit, I do enjoy the company and getting to share it all with her. 

A few days ago we were making cookies together and having a grand old time. 
She helped me measure out the ingredients, added them to the bowl, and supervised the mixing. 

And then of course she got to lick the bowl and mixer once we were done. 

Delilah is mostly uninterested in the remaining steps so I rolled and baked the cookies, then set them out to cool. 

I came back into the kitchen to put the next tray in the oven and noticed there was a cookie missing... and a very proud-looking Delilah sitting on the rocking chair... with the telltale signs of a double chocolate cookies all over her face. 

😆😆

I guess she earned it after all the hard work it was to make them, right? 



Comments