Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Season 3 Episode 9

Wednesday:
One of Little William's many new tricks. 
He's got climbing pretty much all figured out now - a whole new world to explore has opened up to him! 


Now that Little William is walking he got his first pair of shoes. 
And he's never worn anything but socks before, so he really wasn't quite sure what to make of them. He just stood there like this, and kept looking down at them. 

Eventually he plopped over to his bottom to get a better angle to examine them. 
Once he figured out they were safe he was happy to just crawl around. 
Wouldn't even attempt to walk with the shoes on! 

Thursday:
On Thursday morning I had 30minutes between coming and going to do the dishes. I unloaded the dishwasher and stacks four glass containers on the counter to bring to the shelf once the dishwasher was fully emptied. 
And my darling daughter Delilah, who tries so hard to be so helpful, grabbed both stacks, four bowls in all, off the counter to put away for me. 
Aaaand dropped them all. 
Annnnd broke two of them.
Andddd I yelled.

All three of us were surrounded by glass shards and I could see glistening from the front door to the couch. 
Delilah got sat on the rocking chair, Little William in the excersaucer, and I set them up with snacks. 
Then spent the next 25 minutes sweeping and vacuuming. 

If my kids wrote a 'Top Ten Places to Visit At Grandpa and Grandma's House' guide, I could guarantee that Shelby's crate would be on there. 

"Look Mom, I'm sitting by Copper!"

Friday:
\




I often tell Delilah when we're outside not to look at the sun. She understands that it is very bright and could hurt her eyes. 

When we were walking on Friday she held this squinty face and said, "Look Mom, sun not too bright like this!" 

And her face was frozen this way long enough for me to get a picture and then some more. 
She's hilarious! 

Later on in our walk it was quite blustery and we were walking towards the wind so Dee's hood kept blowing off. 

She was not impressed... 
😄

Saturday:
I had an old container of fish food sitting on our counter that I was giving away. Out of curiosity Delilah opened it up and smelled it. 
"Mmmm 'nells good, Mom!"


She had dragged out on of our under-the-bed storage boxes to use as a baby bed and placed it perfectly behind the bedroom door. It's such a tight fight that I couldn't get it! But could slip my hand through for a photo and then we moved the box to another area of the bedroom. 

Sunday:
Celebrating my Mom's birthday!

Monday:

The aftermath of baking with Delilah. 

Double chocolate and a million times delicious. 
I almost gave up on the recipe because the ingredient list was all out of order and I found it frustrating, but boy oh boy am I glad I persevered! 

Tuesday:
Uh oh... 
On Monday he used a diaper box and clambered onto the couch and I was hopeful that without an aide he wouldn't get anywhere. But just the next day those hopes were dashed to pieces. 
He's so happy and proud every time he has an accomplishment like this though so it's hard to really get upset. 

I loved how Dee has her baby cradled in her arm here. 

They told me they were taking a nap. 
I can solemnly testify that zero napping took place. 😂 There was a lot of peekaboo, giggles, and book reading though. 

Ben, Delilah, and I played soccer outside on Tuesday afternoon while Little William napped. 
After a fabulous breakaway and huge chase all over the yard, Ben called a time out, sat down in front of the door (his goal) and told me with the cutest BS face that he was so tired, and maybe I should go back to Delilah?
Hoping that I would leave the ball there with him and go far enough away that he'd be able to score on my net. 

Delilah discovered that car ramps are great for rolling balls down

Practicing again with the shoes. 😃

What a cutie! 




Comments