Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Painting Nails, A Fire, And Making Messes

Wednesday:
Delilah was reading books to the pipecleaner man Will had made for her. 

William pulled the mop and bucket out of the cupboard at Grandma's house and set about mopping the floors. 
What a helpful little guy! 

I love moments like these (even if Little William has his book upside down 😆)

Somehow Delilah managed to get Will's boots on. She could hardly walk around in them but was quite happy with herself for such an accomplishment. 

Thursday:
Auntie Nadia aided the kids in their love for books when she was over on Thursday

I made a friend for the pipecleaner man. 

While Little William was napping on Thursday afternoon Delilah asked me, "Mom, I colour your toes?" 
It's a question she asks a few times a week, and I've always said no or came up with some sort of other excuse why not. This time when she asked I thought about. 
What was really holding me back? 
Was I worried she'd do a horrible job? Well she would need practice somehow.
Was I worried about her getting nailpolish all over my toes? It would come off. 
Was I worried about her getting paint on the floor? We could put an old towel down.
So I said yes. 
And she was such a happy, giddy girl over it. 
Yes it was messy, and even though I put napkins down we got paint on the towel too. But she loved every bit of it and it made for a memorable afternoon. 

Little William is always ready to help me unload the dishwasher.
It is by far his favourite chore to help with 😄

Friday:

Three in a row

Delilah made off with a tube of diaper cream and smeared it all over our patio decking. So I gave her a dish of soapy water and scrub brush and she worked away at cleaning it for a while.

Saturday:
We planted some herbs and flowers on Saturday. Delilah was very eager to help her daddy out. 

She was a bit apprehensive at first because for the past few months we keep telling the kids not to touch the flower pots and now she was allowed to stick her hands in them but after a bit she had dirt under her finger nails too. 

Seeing this reminded me of baby birds 😆

Sunday:
We're trying to teach William how to feed himself oatmeal with a spoon. 
I think it's safe to say he has a bit more practicing to do! 

Will is in charge of directing the IT committee at our church which right now involves running the outdoor worship services. 
On Sunday the kids and I walked over for a morning service and then ate a picnic lunch outside with Will between services. 

And it was my dad's birthday on Sunday as well so we to celebrate him with cake and gifts.

Monday:
Delilah and I are getting smarter and on Monday afternoon we loaded the bike trailer up with all our recycling to put at the end of the driveway, rather than making 2, sometimes 3, trips to bring everything out. 

And when we got back she wanted to play in the gravel in the parking lot. 

We've got this tiny little splash pool and of course both kids decided they wanted to sit in it at the same time. I was surprised that they both kinda sorta fit! 

We had Esther and Ben over on Monday and Little William climbed right between them for a snuggle with Auntie Esther while eating a snack. 

And Esther got to be the second customer of Delilah's nail salon. 
I didn't a final picture, but Delilah did an astonishingly better job the second time around. 

Not my photo.
That evening an under construction apartment building went up in flames. Two buildings next to it which were also under construction also were destroyed. A few lived-in buildings were also touched by the flames but those residences were already evacuated and fire fighters put those out quite quickly. 

  It was about 30 blocks away from our house but we could see flames and sparks leaping up into the sky. 
I commented on how morbidly beautiful it was. My phone camera doesn't capture it too well, but the bright yellow and orange flames licking the sky, huge plumes of smoke bellowing over the purple colour of the night. 

Naturally Will headed out with our neighbour to see it in person

By the time they got there the first building was completely flattened except for the elevator shaft which you can see to the left. 

We kept saying how it was such a blessing that the buildings were not lived in and no one was hurt. 

Tuesday:
On Tuesday Delilah and a daycare friend were playing shopping. Delilah draped this strap over her shoulders and called it her mask. 
We've never had Delilah wear a mask and it's kinda sad that even in her pretend play she knows mask wearing is a part of shopping...

For lunch on Tuesday I had a rice bowl and was just opening my shaker to pour homemade sauce on top, but the cap was on a little tight, and once it gave way I was using a little too much force. 
All over this side of the kitchen, and splatters all on the other side. All down my legs and an arm 

Not exactly my brightest moment. 😆😆

Comments