"Daddy Get's TWO Father's Days?"

 

The date was June 13th, the second Sunday of the month. 
And I thought it was Father's Day. 🙈😆

And I thought this so much so that I let Will sleep in, we blew up balloons, had waffles for breakfast, and gave him a gift. 

It wasn't until noon when we went to my parents for lunch and wished my dad a Happy Father's Day that we learned it was not Father's Day that Sunday. I honestly thought my dad was joking with me when he said Father's Day was the next week. But no, the calendar would say otherwise. 

🤦

I thought it was the second Sunday of June, but it's the third. 
Mother's Day is the second Sunday of May. 

---

Then it was June 19th, the day before actual Father's Day, and I told Delilah that it would be Father's Day tomorrow for Daddy. 
D: Again? Daddy get's TWO Father's Days? 
Me (feeling a little defeated that she made this realization): Yep, isn't that exciting?
D:Oh yes! We have awfuls again for breakfast? 
Me: You betcha. 

So then it was Father's Day.
I let Will sleep in and we had waffles for breakfast. 
No balloons this time and there was no time before church to give a gift.

But when we got back home that evening Delilah got to help her daddy open his present

Dropjes! 


Our kiddos love their Daddy so very much, especially when he gets home after work and plays with them. 
We're beyond grateful to have him leading our little troop. 

Comments