Real Life

I've always had a bone to pick with social media for portraying people's lives as picture-perfect and all put together. Sure, maybe the odd time I'll kick a dirty diaper out of the way before taking a picture, but I really don't want to be that person with all the beautifully staged and filtered photos. There's a time and place for that, but it can also be dangerous for giving others a false perception of another's life. 

So hi. Hello. And welcome to our chaos 😊
Feel free to to stay as long as you want but I honestly can't tell you the last time the floor was swept. 
On the other hand I did hand wash the odds and ends of dishes for an hour yesterday afternoon.

As usual we are finding ourselves in a very busy season of life. Will is in his last week at his current job, I haven't really been feeling very well these last few days, we are both active in our roles at church, we just got a kitten, and are trying to get organized for our vacation. The house is a lot messier than I'd like and the kids are watching a lot more tv than I'd like. 
But hey, it's real life. 

And don't be deceived, there's a dirty diaper just underneath that plastic bag and pillow on the floor. 😄

Comments