Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: The Heat Wave

Wednesday:
Our broken doorknob makes for a fun peephole! 

The kids love these cushions at the mall. I only let them stop once to play on them, though we passed by several sets of them throughout our shopping trip. 

Only ended up spending $5 on this set of shorts for Delilah, which then ended up being $2.50 per pair. Not too bad considering the massive $0.01 that was discounted on the clearance rack. 

We bought new books from the thrift store and this is what the remainder of our drive time looked like.

 
Dentures were always a scaring thing to me as a child. I guess maybe this could help introduce them to the kids in a safe environment? 😆

Thursday:
My perfect children have fallen from their angel clouds and coloured all over our bedroom walls. This is only one wall... 

Friday:
I had some dental work done on Friday morning and then I explained to Delilah that I had an owie head and mouth. I was resting on the couch and Delilah came with a handful of moisturizer cream that she wanted to rub on my cheeks to make me feel better. I suggested putting it on my legs might be a better idea. How compassionate of her! 

It was so hot on Friday afternoon and our AC machine overheated so I took the kids out for a drive to beat the heat. I happened to see thick black smoke coming from down the hill as we left on our drive so we ended up on a fire hunt. 
Sadly two families lost their homes in this fire, but all people made it out safely. 

Keeping cool 

"Eeese!" 
(William for 'Cheese')

Saturday:
Cooling off at Opa and Oma's house


Juice break! 

Whoops! Maybe I shouldn't have been filming this one 😆

Sunday:

William wrapped his racoon up in this blankie and was toting him around. So sweet! 

Monday:
Monday was HOT. The actual temperature varies depending on who you talk to. From what I can find it was recorded as being 41℃ in town, but it felt much hotter than that. 
I bought this iced capp and frozen lemonade before picking Will up from work. In the three minute drive from Timmie's to Will's work the cups were sweating and water was literally streaming off of the cups. You can see here how the drinks are melting around the edges of the cups. 

Delilah and William shared a cup of juice but she got to drink straight out of the cup which was a big deal for her 😁

Will had to do the sound for the highschool graduation which was in our church, so the kids and I hung out there for a few hours to enjoy the air conditioning

They thought all the decor was so exciting! 
(And they may have popped two balloons... thankfully not from noticeable places in the balloon garlands...)

And I figured we might as well just eat dinner at the church too because with all that heat there was no way I wanted to cook anything. 

And this is when we got home that evening. Even with our AC machine running constantly in the bedroom it still was hot and too gross to move. Even for William. 

Tuesday:
Delilah was reading a story to William
💛💛💛

Comments