Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Beard, Birthday BBQ, and Books

Wednesday:
Every now and again when Delilah is playing or creating things she asks me to "take a cheese of this, Mom!" 

This one is a faucet (that green piece on the right is where the water comes out)

This is a clip from Tuesday which I forgot to include last week, but it still needs to be shared 😄
On Monday night Will shaved his beard and Tuesday afternoon Delilah was playing on his lap and all of a sudden realized he was clean shaven. 

Thursday:
Kitty snuggles

Friday:
I took the kids to a park on Friday morning. We pulled in just after 10 so we ate a snack in the truck before getting out. And just as we were finishing eating a daycare bus pulled up and a whole load of kids came out. We had about 5 minutes to play on the playground before it got over run and the kids got overwhelmed. 

But the few minutes of quite we enjoyed was lots of fun! 

Tomatoes, cucumbers, and beans all from our garden for us to enjoy for dinner on Friday night! 

Will and I were busy catching up on our days while Delilah was using her mashed potatoes and was "building a fort" with her tomatoes and cucumbers. 😄

Saturday:
A little take out lunch at church on Saturday afternoon while Will and I cleaned. 

I think I put Delilah's pigtails too close together this day or something because they were fountaining and mixing together and it was adorable. 

We went to a BBQ Saturday evening to celebrate Grandma B's 91st birthday! 
Dee and William are two of her three great-great-grandchildren. With two more on the way! 

Hanging out with Jonah

The Vd family's five Wills! 

Grandma and her children

Trying to get a family photo with the ringleader trying to hold everyone's attention

Always a bit of a gong show, but worth it! 

Sunday:
Who doesn't want to be woken up by a mule call on a Sunday morning? 😆

Will bought an electric scooter and spent some time on Sunday bombing around on it. Delilah thought it was so fun to stand with him and go for a ride too. 

Monday:
Oh I love seeing them read books together! 

And again a few hours later

Tuesday:
All three of these guys were looking out the window while cleaning their snacks. It looked so cute and I tried to snap a picture but the one moved juust as I was taking it. 

Delilah got gifted a doll stroller and now Shiloh gets pushed around in it! 
It took her a day to get used to the idea, but now she'll climb in there to nap even. 

I got a new bottle of children's vitamins in my grocery order this week and once I got home I found out they had all melted together! It was kinda funny, but useless for us to keep them. 

I guess it must have been a whole box or shipment because I picked them up in the evening and there was no way our vehicle was hot enough to melt them like that. Anyway, I returned them no problem. 


And here's a meme I came across this week that really resonates with us. 
There's so much awfulness going on outside - in our neighbourhood, our province, our country, and worldwide - and Will and I are so grateful for the community we have and the life we have chosen to live. Our kids are young enough that they are oblivious to anything happening politically or otherwise, and all they know is a happy home, a great extended family, and fun friends. 
Delilah still has some memories of the past year's covid restrictions that she'll bring up every now and again but for the most part she made it through mostly unaffected I'd say. 
What a blessing! And we'll keep praying that things will get better as we keep our eyes fixed on the truly better things to come. 


Comments