Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Season 3 Episode 36

For some reason I included last Wednesday in last week's WWW. So this week I've only got Thursday-Tuesday (I'll stop there, I promise) to share, but a lot happened and there are still a fair number of photos to look through. 

Thursday:
Thursday was our errand day and we stopped for a few minutes at a playground we pass often and Delilah always asks if we can go there to play. And this day we did! 

Can you just feel the metal slide friction burning her stomach? 😬 I could. And kept suggesting she try something else, but nope, this was her new favourite trick to have discovered. 

This Amazon box was just the right size for a little boy to hideaway in

Saturday:
On Saturday my parents took me and the kids to Deroche for the day to visit with some extended family. 

Dee was a little apprehensive to get in the pool at first, but once I got her in the water, she wanted to stay in there much longer than I did! 

This was the proper attire for the weather we were having, which made the pool was a bit cool. I do think the temperature of the water was warmer than the outside air, but still not pleasant swimming temperature. 

Delilah picked some flowers. Ben said they were for me, but Dee kept pretty tight reigns on them for the rest of the day. 

Pretty choices nonetheless

William was the entertainment of the day- getting into all sorts of mischief (eating fistfuls of dirt, clambering on wet, slippery rocks, and checking out electrical outlets). If only he'd take a hint from his Uncle Jonah who contentedly sat on laps and played on the ground...

Sunday:
On Sunday afternoon we took a walk in South Langley with my family. 

I barely pushed the stroller at all as Madilyn and Nadia took over that task for me. 

We spotted this little gnome someone placed below a tree truck, guarding the entrance to a little hole. 

Some gardens near the parking lot

Photos of Jonah in the jolly jumper look a lot like the ones of Delilah and William in the jolly jumper. A complete blur! 😆

Monday:
On to week 14 of this pregnancy and officially out of the first trimester! 
This baby belly is eager to be popping and I'm so excited for it! 


With school, classes, and Bible studies starting up again I went to the church on Monday afternoon to make sure it was clean and tidy and ready for the upcoming week. 
I had the kids along with me and they were puttering all around, doing their own thing. I had juuust finished cleaning the pews in the sanctuary and was checking the garbage cans when I walked past the sanctuary and saw this:
A lone psalm book. 
Lying in the middle of the aisle... 
Meaning one of the children (probably William) had taken at least one book and moved it out of place. And it was now my job to find where the missing book belonged. It felt like a similar task to finding a needle in a haystack. 😄

I while later I walked by again and saw the kids sitting in the back row of the pews. William was 'reading' the Bible and Delilah was singing Holy Holy Holy. 
For all the hard times they give me, there are way more cute ones. 

Earlier in the day I had decided to order sushi to pick up for dinner. We order sushi often enough from this restaurant and it is normally a 10-15minute wait. Which I had assumed would be the same for tonight. So as things were wrapping up with church cleaning I called and was told it would be a 45minute wait. Welp. Good thing we weren't in a grocery store parking lot, or waiting it out in the truck in the rain (all other examples of where I've ordered sushi from before), but comfortably inside our 'second home'. The kids were more than happy to stay and play and I checked a book out of the library and sat down for a solid reading session. 
I was just telling my mom I feel too busy to read. And now here I am, stuck with 40 empty minutes on my hands, and a book to read that's all about busyness.  

---

And now where was Will though all of this you may ask? 
He doesn't always make appearances in photos, but you may have noticed I was on my own for the long weekend. 
Well, he was up a gravel road, next to a lake, under a grove of the most shedding-est pine trees you ever did see (He didn't tell me the part about the pine trees, but everything he packed back home would tell me that is exactly where he was). 

I borrowed a few photos from him to share here. He mostly took pictures of the lake, so that is what I shall share. 

This was Saturday. 
The day started off well, but then around noon the rain came in and it poured until 7am Sunday morning. Everything got soaking wet, he said. Thankfully the inside of Will's tent stayed 'dry enough', but they went through dry clothes a little too quickly for the first day of camping. 

Sunday morning after the rain. 

From their fire they saw this big cloud come billowing in...

...
Crazy to see

Monday morning was a glorious one. Fluffy white clouds are much more welcomed than heavy grey ones. 

Comments