Three Stops On A Thursday Morning And A Purging Update

I am a little hurt that it is Thursday already. Tomorrow is Friday and I feel like this week totally got away on me. 

This morning the kids and I packed up into the truck for a brief errand run. 
Firstly we swung by our most frequent errand spot - THE THRIFT STORE FOR ANOTHER DROP OFF! πŸ˜
Ooo my favourite! 

We managed to be so on schedule that we actually had to sit in the parking lot for 4 minutes to wait for them to open before we could leave our donation. 

Then we stopped at the school to pick up a dress from a cousin. 

And on our way home we stopped at another cousin's house to pick up some baby diapers she doesn't need anymore, and to return a maternity coat she lent me but it didn't fit. 
______

I haven't been for a thrift store drop off in one month and one day and our kitchen counter has been stockpiled with donations since my usual corner to stash things has been full for a while now. 

I am always amazed by all of the things we keep finding to get rid of!
If we're being honest, there are times that I'm bored and find myself leafing through clothes or searching the kitchen drawers, hoping to find yet one more item to purge. It is so freeing being able to offload from our inventory.
As clichΓ© as is sounds living a simpler life has made us appreciate and value the things we do choose to have. 
______

So, what have I been delving into?

Well to quickly jump into the past three days I had at home:
 Last Friday I cleaned through our kitchen drawers and got rid of a whole whack of things that have accumulated over the last few months that we don't have a use for. 

On Saturday Delilah and I pulled out the next size of clothing for her and packed away her too small clothes. As we were going through her dresser drawers I found eight articles of clothing that she didn't wear. Most because she didn't have an outfit to wear them with but some were just impractical for her to wear (layering items, and one-pieces for a potty-trained kiddo are frustrating) 
Add to donate box!

On Monday morning I was vacuuming out our shoe drawer and saw three pairs of sandals that I haven't worn in a year and I know they are at least seven years old. Time to go!

πŸ‘—πŸ©³πŸ‘šπŸ‘–
 In regards to maternity clothes - they seemingly come through here like a revolving door. And normally that's not something I'd be crazy about. But for free clothes? I'll allow it. 
I'm a member of a few Facebook groups where I can often find bags of maternity clothes that people are giving away for free. If they are within my size range I'll take the bag, keep what fits, and pass along what doesn't. Rather than buying a whole new wardrobe to fit my expanding body this is a budget and eco friendly way to go! 
Two weeks ago I got a bag and only kept one item from it. That was a bit disappointing. 
But then last week I picked up a different bag and kept 10-15 items! Win! 
And in the middle of those I went through my mat clothes from my last pregnancy and selected a few things to let go of. 
So then I was able to combine all of my 'no's and pass them on to another expecting momma. 
Recycling at its finest! 
______

I am also slowly working through my boxes of things in the storage room. 
My boxes = anything that is not related to mechanics or outdoorsy. πŸ˜„

What am I purging from those? 

Well, Christmas for starters. 
Dee and I had so much fun going through all our Christmas dΓ©cor! It's the wrong season just yet to be getting excited over all these things, but I assume it will be coming sooner than I expect. πŸ˜›
Most of the stuff we have Will and I actually bought as decorations for our wedding which was mid-December and Christmasy. 
But even though some items were sentimental I was able to narrow is down from 3 to 2 boxes. A step in the right direction I'd say! 

Some things which met the blue bin would be: 
Old birthday cards, flyers I collected when wedding planning, paint swatches, school workbooks, programs to plays I've gone to, magazine article clippings, a few poems, letters from when I was in high school, programs from just about every  wedding I've attended since 2014... And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I packed our recycling bin full. 

Delilah had such a hoot looking at photos from Will and my wedding, and pictures of us even before we were married. 



And that's all for now! 
I'm confident there'll be more to come (or should I say go?πŸ˜†) in the future. 

Comments