Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: An Early Morning, Me, and Muffins

 Wednesday:

We we got a new-to-us stroller from a lady in our church. 
It has a boogieboard for Delilah to stand on in addition to two seats for William and the baby.

On Wednesday I had to get bloodwork done so Will took the kids out for coffee while they waited for me.  

The look so grown up with their own little cups! 
We usually order 1 small hot chocolate and ask for an extra cup to split between the two kiddos, but this café gave us a free drink! So much sugar and caffeine for them. I'm grateful they weren't able to finish their drinks. 😆

Thursday:
On Thursday morning around 5am our power went out! I woke up first, and then both kids shortly after. You never realize how loud the house is until it isn't anymore. And then it's hard to sleep. 
Anyway, they thought having candles around the house was super cool and around 8am it came back on. 

Reading to William

On Thursday evening I stopped by The Shed by Hex & Co which is a small, handmade store that my friend Taylor started up featuring her Hex & Co products as well as a dozen other vendors. 

It was neat to poke around and see all the handmade pieces available. I even picked up something for Dee's birthday and for the baby. 

And I got this gorgeous sugar cookie as well which I was a little nervous to eat because it looked too pretty. But it tasted yummy and I have zero regrets. 😁

Saturday:
You know how they say, "Those who can't, teach"?
Well here's a living example - Delilah decided to teach William how to ride her bike. 
It's safe to say it was an adorable, yet unsuccessful venture. 

Saturday afternoon I fell asleep on the couch, Delilah climbed on top of me because she was watching TV and the couch is the best seat for for that, and then when William woke up from his nap he wanted to snuggle me, but I was too far gone so Will propped him up against my leg. And then he took a picture of us all. 
Real life for you right here. 

Monday: 
Even though it has little surface area, this windowsill seems to be the prime location to play

Delilah asked to take some pictures of Jonah when he was over on Monday and these are the gems she left me with. 




Then we agreed to take a selfie, but Delilah insisted Shiloh make a presence which caused her a bit of distraction. 😄 

The kids were playing outside on Monday afternoon and Delilah came inside asking, "Can you get us our chairs? We want to go camping." 

Now that Will's done with our parts truck he worked on Monday cutting the truck apart to bring various pieces to the scrap yard and the dump. 
Slowly but surely we're getting things done! 

Tuesday:
More stories

The only downside to these muffins is we eat through them way too fast. I made 17 on Tuesday morning and now it's Wednesday and there are 2 left! 😆 And I'm kinda okay with it because they're more healthy than cookies or brownies, right? 

I was sitting on the couch and watched William come running out from the bedroom. It looked like he was going somewhere or doing something, but he got mid-way through the living room and plopped down to pick up a book. He just picks them up as they are and begins flipping through the pages. I often see he has them upside down and encourage him to turn the book around, but it seems to be more of an inconvenience to flip the book around which just takes up precious reading time. 

Comments