Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Melting Down and Melting Plastic

Thursday:
As we were getting ready to leave on Thursday morning William put Will's hat on backwards with his little chin sticking out through the back. 😆

Thursday was Remembrance Day and we had a difficult time finding a cenotaph ceremony that allowed in person attendees. I even researched in farther away cities for a ceremony we could attend but all were advertising live-stream only. Then my mom mentioned she had seen something in the newspaper about a ceremony just a few blocks away from us. I didn't even know there was a cenotaph here! 
All things considered, it was a very large turnout and gratefully it didn't rain! 

We packed pretzels and cookies for the kids to snack on during the ceremony. Who knew pretzel eating could be so noisy! Especially during a moment of silence? 😆
Possibly a poor choice of snack, but it did keep both kiddos mostly still and quiet. 

Fly over by the Fraser Blues

William was so excited to see up close and touch an airplane! 

Then we headed over to my parents' to celebrate Nadia's birthday

This guy loves seeing himself in the camera 😄

Delilah got to stay and play with her aunts and uncles and Will and I went back home with just William for the rest of the afternoon and evening. 
I believe this was our first time since he was born having only William at home with us.
He asked about Delilah a few times and I think was a little bummed that he didn't get to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house too.
 It was so different and really neat to see how he played and acted without his big sister around.

Friday: 


I'm still working on going through all sorts of old boxes of memorabilia. I kept just about everything from my high school years and am slowly, slowly, slowly letting things go. 
These award plaques have made it through many revisions of my downsizing, but this Friday night they met their match. 
Am I going to hang them up anytime soon? No. 
Will my kids care to look at them? Probably not. 
So I said goodbye. 

Saturday:
I love watching Delilah retell stories to William. Based as closely as she can remember to the real story, but always with a few additions of her own. 

Delilah was carrying Shiloh over her shoulder like this around the house and thought it was quite an achievement. She wanted me to take a picture. 😃


Sunday:
Delilah helped Oma make pancakes on Sunday evening

Monday:
Dee loves helping me wake up William from his nap. She'll climb into the crib to snuggle and play with him until he's ready to get up. 

Reason #4872 of why Will is the fun parent: 
On Monday night Will taped a cardboard box on the dehumidifier exhaust which created an airstream that the kids could put balloons in. 


Tuesday:
I had someone coming over on Tuesday and I had two pans soaking on the counter. I quickly popped them into the oven. AND THEN FORGOT ABOUT THEM! Hours later I preheated the oven and then opened it to find a spoon I had left in the frying pan had melted. Ack! 
And now I know that melting plastic is very tricky to clean out of an oven...
At least I found it humorous 😆


Comments

  1. I think I would have cried about the plastic:(!! Must have stank too!! All in a days work they say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't smell, so I didn't notice. But I'm sure if I could smell I would have caught it much earlier and maybe been able to rescue it!

      Delete

Post a Comment