WWW: Crying, Cookies, and Chaos

Friday:
This past week was very busy for me with an appointment on Monday and then daycare Tuesday-Friday. By the end of the week the house felt completely upside-down and so did my brain. I only had one daycare kiddo over on Friday which meant I should have the ability to catch up on some housework. 
I made myself a list and got to work. Throughout the day Delilah saw what I was doing and starting scribbling her own 'play work' in her notebook alongside me. 

Saturday:
In keeping with sharing real life here and not simply picture perfect moments: 
I had a breakdown on Saturday. 

I have big emotions on a good day. Especially before adding pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep to the mix... 

Will recognized my need for sleep and sent me off for a nap, but I needed to eat before I could sleep, but I needed to stop crying so I could eat, but I was so tired I couldn't stop crying. It was a vicious cycle. 

Three hours later I was a much happier person and was very grateful to Will that he took such good care of me. 

William often asks to read books to the baby 
💙💙💙

Sunday:
Will whipped up a special Sunday treat for Delilah - a chocolate chip cookie with icing and sprinkles. 
Sounded like way too much sugar to me, but the two of them enjoyed them together and Delilah's been asking for more since. 😆

Madilyn usually asks to do my hair when we're over there. It's always neat seeing where she goes with it, and impressive to see how much she has improved over the months. 

Monday:
On Monday morning we brought our four pumpkins in the house and I spent the day cooking and pureeing the three smallest. The biggest one I wasn't able to cut through so I'll need to have Will give me a hand with it. 


William got his first hair cut! 
Similar to Delilah, the hair on the top of his head grows slowly, but he had several wispies in the back that stretched all the way down to his shoulders. He didn't sound like he was up for the idea of a haircut when we proposed it to him, but then sat relatively well for a 1.5yro. 

A cardboard box and pencil crayons kept these two entertained for a long time

Will bought a mechanic's stool on Monday evening and Delilah was so eager to help him assemble it and then she even got to test drive it around the house! 

Tuesday:
Lunch on daycare days is always chaotic 😆

Comments